Traditionally, a family structure was considered to be a married couple with a family support system that provides care and longevity for biological children. In all reality, it matters not if children are born in relationships through marriage or not, positive communication results in a loving, caring, and supportive relationship for children. These qualities can be shown in a single parent household also. There are several different types of family structures, each is built on relationships, based on strengths and weaknesses. They all have issues, and upon conditions, provisions are made.
This book is for everyone who longs to help their kids pause their electronics, grow their social skills, and develop lifelong relationships through highly engaging conversations!
In this book, you will discover:
• Why conversations matter and connecting with others is important.
• Three strategies to engage kids and keep the conversation going.
• Five tools to help children develop their social skills.
• How to use conversations to guide children toward positive change.
Then, dive into 131 creative, engaging, and fun conversations that will get your kids talking. This book is for children who desire to build face-to-face connections that develop into life-long friendships. It is also for parents, foster parents, teachers, coaches, youth pastors, mentors, and everyone who wants to help their kids to connect in an increasingly disconnected world!
Conversation Starters Include:
• If the zoo offered to let you keep one exotic animal as a pet, which animal would you take home with you?
• If you were principal of your school for a day, what is one school rule that you would change?
• No two snowflakes are exactly alike. No two people are the same either. What is something that makes you unique?
The story of my long and heartrending road to motherhood has been featured in a national magazine, the local news, and a medical publication. But, this is the whole story, in my own words. I battled cancer, infertility, and the most gut wrenching loss one can imagine. I fought my way back from crippling grief and depression. After years of struggle, my desperate wish to become a mother was finally granted in a most unexpected way. This is a story about having a dream and rediscovering lost hope. It is about beating the odds and realizing that miracles do exist. This is the tale of my dream…to dream come true.