The Suburban Grower
The Suburban Grower
by Marissa Clemont
Growing your own food isn't as time-consuming as you think: all you need to do is learn the simple secrets of the raised bed.
The top reason that people garden is to produce their own fresh vegetables, with 25% of gardeners saying they do this for better tasting and more nutrient-dense food.
Yet in busy modern life, many people who would love to join them feel that they don’t have the time to devote to gardening.
It’s true that a huge vegetable plot requires a significant investment of time -- but who says you need a huge vegetable plot to reap an abundant harvest?
For busy suburban families, raised bed gardening is the answer -- no matter what your backyard looks like now.
What makes gardening a labor intensive pursuit is the constant maintenance, but raised bed gardening reduces the workload significantly.
With the right preparation, a raised bed provides the perfect environment for low maintenance gardening: it’s accessible; it’s easy to control weeds and pests; and staying on top of daily maintenance tasks is a breeze.
Bottom line? It’s just easy.
The secret all lies in the preparation.
With that in place, a raised bed garden is the perfect way for a busy family to enjoy the very best of what gardening has to offer -- with very little effort.
When you get the bug for growing your own produce, there’s no turning back. Your family will enjoy better health, your grocery bills will be lower, and you’ll notice an increased sense of fulfillment.
In The Suburban Grower, you’ll learn everything you need to know to start a thriving raised bed garden from scratch and begin reaping those benefits immediately. You’ll discover:
- The complete benefits of raised bed gardening, and how you can use them to your advantage
- How to easily avoid the most common mistakes in raised bed gardening
- Everything you need to know about building your own raised beds (don’t worry -- it couldn’t be easier!)
- How to tailor your beds precisely to your family’s needs
- The secret formula for healthy soil (and successful crops)
- A fool-proof guide to planting and laying out your beds for optimal results
- Detailed growing guides for easy, quick-growing and high-yield crops
- How to make the few minimal maintenance tasks a doddle
- Essential tips and tricks for a pest-free garden
- Advice for dealing with a productive harvest (you’re sure to get one!)
- A step-by-step guide to creating a garden even Alan Titchmarsh would be proud of
And much more.
If you thought you were too busy to grow your own food, think again. With just a weekend set aside to build and prepare your beds, you can set your family up for an easy and successful garden -- and you can reap the benefits from the very first harvest.
Say goodbye to droopy grocery store veg: you’re about to change your life.